- All exports of Coffee, Cocoa, Palm Kernel Oil, Palm Kernel Cake, Ginger and Piassava require the requisite Permits or Export License from the Ministry of Trade and Industry. Applications must be made to the Senior Permanent Secretary and copy to the Executive Chairman, Produce Monitoring Board (PMB).
- The Senior Permanent Secretary or the Chief Director and Professional Head Ministry of Trade and Industry, will request the PMB to examine the premises of the exporter and confirm that he/she has met the statutory requirement.
- On confirmation from PMB, the Senior Permanent Secretary or the Chief Director will issue the license or decide otherwise
- All exporters are required to go through the PMB for further advise and to ensure that the quality of produce shipped meets the International Standards. Exporters are also required to pay a 2.5% levy on the Freight on Board (FOB) value of the export
Exporters are required to submit with their application the following documents:
- Certificate of Registration for a Sole Proprietorship
- Certificate of Registration and Certification of incorporation if it is a corporate body/company.
- Produce Dealers License which entitles the exporters to buy produce locally for export
- Tax Clearance Certificate
- Letter from PMB that the exporter has met the statutory requirement of having a proper store with all the instruments needed for the operation.
Follow SLIEPA on Social Media